Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Onward and Upward



I remember when Tuesdays were my favorite days of the week. I loved watching Dancing with the Stars (I’m so over it now though) and Law & Order SVU but I just don’t watch much television anymore especially at night. Usually I catch a bit of John Stewart then head off to bed where I read or maybe even watch a movie if I’m feeling ambitious. The Boob Tube just ain’t what it used to be. I miss the days of Friends, Seinfeld, Caroline in the City, Taxi, Cheers (pre-Kristie Alley), the Facts of Life. I even remember the days of Man from U.N.C.L.E, Get Smart, Bewitched, I Dream of Jeanie, The Addams Family, M*A*S*H, the Love Boat and even My Mother the Car. I am so done with the shows of today. Someone must be watching For Love of Money, Hogan Knows Best, I Love New York, My Fair Brady, Bromance, Sweet Sixteen. I admit to watching a few episodes of Sweet Sixteen, but it was the can’t-help-but-look-at-an-accident syndrome. Horrendous. If a society is judged by the network programming, I’m afraid of what the future will say of us.

During my treks throughout the digi-world, I have found so many people who have fallen in love with the Twilight series. I count myself in the crowd as well. Last summer my darling daughter introduced me to Bella and Edward through Twilight and I completely devoured the first book. Then the next. And the next. And finally, the last. I couldn’t seem to get enough of the Cullens. I’ve read Twilight 3x and Breaking Dawn 2x. New Moon was a heart-wrenching read for me (yes, I’m still talking about a book about vampires) and I just didn’t care much for Eclipse. When the movie was finally released, I drove two and a half hours to view it with my daughter. Loved the film, maybe would have chosen a different set of actors for the Cullens (except Alice), Robert Patterson would never have been my first choice. I love Kristen Stewart as Bella and Dakota Fanning as Jane is ideal. Without any criticism directed at the author, but the series is very simple. Not at all as intricate as the Harry Potter books. But the simplicity of the story works for both adults and teenage girls. In the midst of being bombarded by movies, magazine ads and television commercials programs loaded with sexual innuendoes and promiscuity, it’s nice to find a book loaded with love, touched with a bit of hormonal yearning and best of all, abstinence. If you haven’t taken the time to read through all four books, most are out in paperback at Target. Definitely worth it.

I have no clue why I veered off on those tangents. Odd.

Well, had a bad day yesterday, a bit of a setback. I don’t know what was going on with me but I woke up with an intense headache, a tad dizzy and super weak. I was concerned I was coming down with some odd flu but those were my only symptoms. Not sure what it was but I was definitely dragging bottom. So, I decided perhaps I was a bit overworked and took that day off as well. I’m still feeling extremely drained but I’m going to walk tonight no matter what. Even if I only walk a short time, I’m still walking. Never say die.

I finished another layout. I used part of the weekly download over at Sunshine Studio. Pop over and check their weekly giveaway and challenge. Here’s what I did with it..



Most of the goodies are from Sunshine but the tree and two of the papers are mine and part of Primrose Lane kit releases on Friday.

Alrighty, time to get a bit of work done.

Peace out,
( =








1 comments:

Jo on March 11, 2009 at 7:23 AM said...

Cool layout.

That stinks that you don't feel 100%. I hope you can shake whatever you have and get back to walking everyday, like you want.