Wednesday, February 18, 2009

I would not be just a nothin' my head all full of stuffin'…



My heart all full of pain.
I would dance and be merry, life would be a ding-a-derry,
If I only had a brain.”


I have a confession to make, nearly every morning as far back as I can recall, I wake up with a song in my head. And I do mean that literally, it’s not like having a song in my heart which implies happiness, I wake up singing a song. This morning was, of course, If I Only Had A Brain, I blame the television commercials. Or the fact I fall asleep many nights with ear buds crooning soothing harmonies subliminally.

“I could while away the hours, conferrin' with the flowers
Consultin' with the rain.
And my head I'd be scratchin' while
my thoughts were busy hatchin'
If I only had a brain.”


Since I’ve had this pulsating pain in my head for a couple of days now, I decided to treat myself to an ice bag, a large diet Pepsi and snuggle up for a movie. Therefore, I popped in ‘Blindness’ and settled back awaiting to be entertained. Hmmmmmmmm, whatever possessed me to even imagine I would find this flick satisfying is beyond me. There is something about Julianne Moore I don’t much care for and I can’t put my finger on it. Wracking my brain, I can’t come up with one single movie she acted in that I remotely liked. Then there is Mark Ruffalo, who I almost liked back in times of ‘Eternal Sunshine’ and ’13 Going On 30’ but it has been all downhill from there. Danny Glover is the only cast member I actually liked. Then comes the plot or rather lack of a plot. The movie sucked. It was long, boring, completely anti-climatic and did I mention boring? As the film progress, definitely a diminution of content occurred. If you had the misfortune of paying $10 plus snacks at the theater, my heart aches for you, you got jacked. If you rented the movie as I did, DEMAND your movie back. In this day when money is scarcer than a one-legged flamenco dancer, no one can afford to toss even $5 away on crap like this. Perhaps it’s because I didn’t read the book first as I’m usually inclined to. If anyone has the book out there in the RW, I’ll trade you my ‘The Reader’ for your ‘Blindness’. Yes, it appears I am a glutton for punishment but I am hoping the book provides some insight (insight into the movie Blindness hahaha) into WTF happened. I’m serious, I’ll trade you paperback for paperback.

Time to chat a bit about scrappin’ and send a super humungous thank you hug to Jo for finding the page I had sorely missed. Why I could not find it myself, I have no idea. (Humming, ‘if I only had a brain’). I’m going to share this, and other, links with you tonight and call tonight ‘What’s Mine Is Yours’ Thursday.
*Simple Scrapper* is the site I was whining about yesterday. While thumbing through it, you’ll find tips on organization your supplies, digital photography, keeping track of layout credits and so much more. This is the perfect site to gaze over a couple times a week and if you have questions, I’m sure you’ll find the answer here.

*Atomic Cupcake* gives away a free action every Tuesday-Wednesday. Although I’ve never used an action from her, I’ve read many, many good reviews of her stuff.

I just found *Gallery Standouts* a few days back and I am in love. The layouts posted here are stunning, absolutely stunning. This LOin particular caught my attention today. Love it.

Don’t forget *Digi Dares* begins a new challenge tonight.

Okay, one more site before I call it a night and take my tortured head to bed. (See what happens when I talk to my girl child about poetry in the middle of writing a post). Being as I recently acquired a new camera, I LOVE snapping photos and this site *I Love Faces* is so cute. I love it.

If you’re feeling charitable, share a few of your favs with me in the comments section. I’m always looking for a new place to troll.

Make sure to pop back on tomorrow for ‘Friday's Fivers’ and see what I have in store for you.

( =

XOXO
Hugs and Kisses,
Tula










1 comments:

Jo on February 19, 2009 at 1:30 PM said...

Yeah, Blindness wasn't the best movie... I don't think it was the worst I've ever seen, but the plot did REALLY suck.

I'm glad that was the thing you were looking for. It is a cool blog, thanks for telling me about it. The other sites are neat too. I *heart* atomic cupcake. Every time I go there, it makes me want to design kits, then I come back to reality and remember I don't have time.

A blog I really like is called OLW - http://onelittleword.typepad.com/olw/
It's a word challenge. They post a new word every other week and all you have to do is use that word in your layout.

I also stumbled on one yesterday called 52 Sketches - 52 Weeks - http://52sketches52weeks.com/

Have a good day.