Wednesday, February 11, 2009

I Like Chocolate Covered Cherries



Happy Middle of the Week Day.

I‘ve always hated the expression “Hump Day’, sounds so vulgar. Guess that admission makes me sound old and crotchety. Now see, crotchety doesn’t offend me. Hmmmmm, I’m a very strange person.

Hope everyone is having a super duper week. Mine is going muy bueno, taking into consideration I lost all my digital goodies last weekend. For the most part, I’m up and running. I’m still without a few programs and plug-ins I love, and definitely miss, such as Art Rage and Eye Candy Impact. But, I’ll find them eventually. This isn’t the first time I’ve started at zero. By now, you’d think I’d have developed a better backup system than the one I currently use called ‘hold your breath and hope’. Doesn’t work so well, you know? I’ve read the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over but expecting different results. Well, slap my ass and call me loony.

Being as it’s just a few days before V Day, I was planning on posting a goodie for ya’ll. But, and this is after I was so delighted to find the alpha in the jumble that is my backed up files, somehow I failed to ‘glitterize’ the capital A. Yes, I have a red glitter alpha all finished with the exception a one letter. Why did I skip the letter? How could I just leave it incomplete like that? Well, because that’s the way I roll. Hopefully, once I get Art Rage back, I’ll finish it up and will remember this incident from now on.

Here are two tips to always remember and never forget..

Always save while working on a layout, kit or anything else. I know everyone says that but it’s probably one of the best tips ever. Nothing is worse than being nearly finished on a page you love when, boink, your programs freezes, the electricity fails, whatever and you lose it all. Save every few steps.

Back up your files monthly, at least. Also, be sure ALL your files were backed up, (yes, I am a dumbass for not checking that one out). It sucks to lose what you worked so hard on. Back it up, Baby.

Also, one more thing I’ve learned, comments are cool and make bloggers feel good, at least they make this blogger (me) feel good. When I started this blog/designer/freebie thingie I swore to myself I would never beg for “love” like I’ve seen on so many other blogs, and I’m going to hold to that, but, I just thought I’m mention, it does feel cool when someone says something nice in the comments. So, to those of you who have stopped by and left a lil ‘love’, thanks, it was much appreciated. To those of you who didn’t, no big. ( =

Okies, I’m off to finish up this next kit. Tomorrow I’ll post a peek.

Much love,
Tula





0 comments: