Sunday, February 8, 2009

I heart Seth Meyers



“After two of his top Cabinet nominees withdrew their bids on Tuesday because of their failure to pay back taxes, President Obama said: ‘This was a mistake. I screwed up.’ THAT’S your mistake? I don’t know if you remember, but the last guy BROKE THE WORLD.” ~ Seth Myers

Alas, woe is me. All is now well in Tu-Town. While the world dwells on such stories as Michael Phelps, Alex Rodriquez and people floating away from the US on an ice float, the true tragedy occurred right in my own living room at my desk on this very computer. My heart is in tatters, my spirit has succumbed to sorrow. for I… am a dumbass.

After the disappearance of the two files on Friday (the two files being the add ons to my kit), I was certain it was well past time to reorganize my files. And due to incredulousness crawl of my connection (Verizon sucks!), I felt it best to backup and reformat as well. How exciting to work with a clean slate. Well, to make a long, drawn out, mind-numbingly tedious story short (too late, yes I know), my machine is nice and clean without so many useless information cluttering my files. Such worthless documents as MY SCRAPBOOK FOLDERS!!! ::sighs:: Yes, it appears as if I definitely pissed on the scrapbook fairy cause she has been kicking the crap out of me these past few days. Please, someone enlighten me as to how, not only using an external hardrive designed for backup but moving certain files directly onto a flash drive, yet, somehow the files ARE NOT THERE!!! I have lost all my scrapbook stuff. All. Not only that but also, all my *favorites*. How the frick does that happen? All the kits I had in progress, all the kits I purchased, all my templates, glitters, scrap pages I’d designed from last year (thank God for DFF). I’m stunned. How, when I took extra precautions, did I lose the three files I most wanted to preserve? I am seriously stumped. I have absolutely no idea how these files were not backed up. Perhaps an exorcism is in order, there must be some form of goblin in my computer whom shall hereby be known as Eris. There MUST be some iniquitous imp eating my sacred collection as if it isn’t one of them then it was meeeeeeeeeeeeeeee (line from Liar Liar). Oh well, life marches on…

It looks like I shall have my hands full for awhile.

I could whine and moan, throw myself to the floor, kick my feet and scream but I’m not too sure that will actually correct the situation. Believe me, if I have any inkling at all it would, I’d have spent the morning causing severe damage to this grey nappy carpet. As my daddy would remind me, I didn’t lose any of the photos I’ve been so faithfully shooting or any that I could never replace. Everything else is replaceable, on some level. So, I’ll pick myself up, dust myself off and start all over again (have you noticed I speak in quotes and lyrics a lot?).

Much love,

“I’ll be back”
(he hee he)

If you get up one more time than you fall, you will make it through.
~ Chinese Proverb

2 comments:

jude307 on February 8, 2009 at 10:11 PM said...

I love your kits and you did a good job. Keep up the good work. Thank you for sharing

jude307 on February 8, 2009 at 10:37 PM said...

I have a Simple Tech 320GB backup external backup drive. It come with Fabrik Ultimate Backup software. It works on High Speed 2.0 USB and shows up on your MY computer as another drive. It has saved my files more than once. It is a good investment and does not stay on the computer. I backup once a month and put it back in the original box.