Monday, July 20, 2009

And I Say To Myself..



What A Wonderful World

Happy Monday. Hope your weekend was as fabulous as mine. Yesterday, the husband and I cruised on down to Pasadena to meet my darling daughter for brunch and a matinee. Naturally we dined at The Cheesecake Factory. Absolutely yum. If you've never treated yourself to this fantastic restaurant, it's definitely something to add to your 'things to do' list. The food is beyond delicious and the portions are HUGE. I guarantee you will be taking half of your entree home. Lauren munched on Eggs Benedict, her dad had some omelet thingy and I scarfed down half of my grilled chicken and avocado club. So good. I was thinking about skipping the cheesecake until that sneaky little server of ours mentioned pineapple upside down cheesecake. Of course, I caved. Gotta tell ya, it was even better than imagined. Hmmmmm






Next, we took a half mile hike down Colorado Blvd taking in the sites. Pasadena is a gorgeous town. A mix of old and new architecture. So much beauty to take in.







The walk would have been so much more enjoyable had it not been around 105 degrees. I thought I was going to die of heat stroke when, finally, we arrived at the theater. YaY!



Beautiful theater and I LOVED the movie! I am a gigantic Harry Potter fan, read all the books at least 3xs each, seen all the other movies countless times. Love them and this film did not disappoint. There was a few bits and pieces here and there I would of changed had JK called me to direct or write the screenplay but, since she did not, I give them props for a super movie. If you have young children, I would suggest skipping this episode, parts are very scary. Creeped me out. But, all in all, I give it a 4 out of 5.



Strolled back toward the parking center, convinced Lauren to buy a hat then sat and enjoyed a bit of sun, an ice blended white chocolate mocha and a bit of chit-chat about the movie. All too soon it was time to part, Lauren heading south and us going north. I enjoy my time with her and miss her so much. We all had a great time.



Hit the grocery store on the way home, tossed dinner in the oven, checked some of my favorite sites then crawled in bed to finish my book, "Love The One You're With" by Emily Griffin. Great book, a definite read for sure. Then I was out like a light.

Time to finish up a few layouts. Remember to vote for us, Suzy QTs over at Digital Scrap Addicts for the Battle of The Creative Teams. Vote vote vote.

( =

1 comments:

Ava in Wonderland on July 21, 2009 at 1:26 AM said...

Your photos are great, sounds like a fun time!!

http://allaboutmeandabagofchips.typepad.com/