Friday, June 26, 2009

I'm back, baby!



Wow. I’ve been away for a few days and the world seems to have completely changed while I was gone. The early departure of Michael Jackson deeply saddens me. I don’t remember a time when MJ wasn’t a part of my life. ABC was the first song I remember hearing from The Jackson 5 in 1970, I was 14 years old. My very first concert experience was at The Shrine with J5. I danced, roller skated, cried, cruised and who knows what else to MJ songs. I miss him already. Sorry to see you go MJ.

Tomorrow is my daughter’s 1 week anniversary. Hard to believe a week has passed already since the wedding. The day seemed to have flown by, all the prep, all the excitement, all the stress. It was a gorgeous event, sunny and warm. Lauren looked absolutely stunning and so very happy. My daughter is a married woman now. So hard to believe, when did she grow up?



Lauren



Lauren & her daddy



Lauren & Handsel & Steven (her brothers)



Lauren & Mike



First married kiss

Her dog-sitter bailed out, so I made the 3 hour journey to spend a bit of quality time with Rudy and Sadie. Love them, enjoyed the time I spent with them, and with Lauren and Mike but there is definitely no place like home.


Sadie, always quite and mellow



Rudy, always ready for action



Hiking with Rudy



I have tons of photos to scrap, I want to do an entire from first gown shopping to honeymoon album for them. Maybe I’ll have it finished by their first year anniversary.

2 comments:

Jo on June 26, 2009 at 9:34 PM said...

An album like that would be a wonderful present, if you can get it done in time.

I was sad when I heard MJ died... I kinda knew it was coming though. After Ed Mcmahon and Farrah Fawcett died I was saying "I wonder who #3 will be". Then I heard MJ had a heart attack and just had a feeling it would be him. :-(

jennamy82 on July 1, 2009 at 2:47 PM said...

Congrats to your daughter, those are wonderful pics, she was a beautiful bride!