Friday, March 27, 2009

Happy Friday!



Hola! Hope all is well on this blustery Friday morning. A chilly ferocious wind is blowing here in Cali and both Pooder (my doggie) and I are shiverin' and shakin'. The two cups of coffee has done nothing to warm my body, I'm seriously thinking of following pup-pup's suggestion of crawling back under the covers and catching a wink or 40. Or perhaps I'll allow myself to get lost in my book once again. If you've never given yourself the opportunity to read 'Saving Fish from Drowning' you have certainly cheated yourself out of a delicious literary treat. Amy Tan’s turn of a phrase is juicy and luscious as I find myself riding along with her characters through their exhilarating experiences of Myanmar, (Burma). I’ve only read one other book written by Amy Tan which, of course, was ‘The Joy Luck Club’. As much as I enjoyed that tale of mothers and daughters, I must admit to falling deeper into SFFD. Her words flow freer, her imagery is more fluid. This book is unquestionably in my top five favs.

Speaking of top fives, let’s do that for our Friday Fiver. Top five favorite books.

Memoirs of a Geisha by Arthur Golden
Harry Potter Series – Don’t judge me.
(yes, all of them. I know I’m cheating but it’s my blog)
To Kill A Mockingbird by Harper Lee
Angels and Demons by Dan Brown
New Moon – the second book in the Twilight series

I have tons of others I love and my favorites actually change from moment to moment, depending on my mood.

Here’s a peek my newest kit, which I will release as soon as the links are uploaded.










Want a chance at it? Simply leave a comment on your top 5 books and you’ll be entered in a drawing to win the kit, ‘Life is a Journey’. Can’t get much easier than that.

Good Luck!
( =

1 comments:

Jo on March 27, 2009 at 2:26 PM said...

I really like the kit. Especially the papers because they are such a wide variety of colors. Cute elements too!

So... my top 5 books:

1. The Outsiders
2. The Godfather
3. Little Women
4. Any "Little House" book
5. The Pulitzer Prize Winning Photographs ( http://www.enssc.com/Products.aspx?product=167165 )

As you can see I'm not much a book reader.