Saturday, January 31, 2009

Happy Saucy Saturday



Happy Saturday!

I was just reading the latest post over at *Jennsylvania* (who is my new favorite person/writer simply because I believe snotty/sarcastic people should have each other’s backs), she was writing about not having a ‘thing’ when it occurred to me I also do not have a ‘thing’. I’m not sure I ever had a thing ‘thing’, not one particular ‘thing’ to call my own. I could bake, I could cook, I could sew, perhaps it was sewing that may have been considered my ‘thing’ when the kids were real little but definitely not in the past 15 years. That’s quite awhile of not having a ‘thing’. Like I mentioned, I baked and cooked but Lauren (my darling daughter) has taken that ‘thing’ as her own. Hell, I hate cleaning up the mess anyway so she’s more than welcome to it. Hmmmmmmmmmm, I burn music and movies for my children but that’s not really a ‘thing’ since 2 of them live at home with me and the other lives far enough away that I only see her on special occasions. I read a lot but that’s too boring to be a ‘thing’ cause most people I know don’t read so I could just as well be talking to myself when discussing the current paperback which has grabbed my attention. Hmmmmmm, I’ll have to think of something.

My kit is nearly complete; I am so thrilled to say. Problem is, I don’t know what to do at this point. I haven’t exactly been advertising my blog, as a matter of fact, if you didn’t trip over my link and accidentally fall into my site, you probably wouldn’t be here now. So, what do I do? I just don’t know. Hmmmmmmmmmm..

My thing could be singing, I love singing. Except everyone who has ever heard me, (okay not EVERYONE. One poor fool actually liked the sound of my voice but that’s another story for another time) has actually begged me, pleaded with me as blood oozed out of their ears to please, PLEASE stop that God awful cacophony (is that not an amazing word?). My ‘thing’ at one time was being the “English” girl; I corrected everyone’s grammatical and spelling errors. Most people didn’t care much for that ‘thing’ so I moved on.

As a blogger, do you visit sites of those who post a comment to you? I visit quite a few sites but rarely leave a message, mainly because many of the blogs are extremely popular with 100 plus remarks already. I don’t much appreciate getting lost in the shuffle. It’s a tad too early for me to get in line to answer calls being as I’ve almost finished one kit and most calls I’ve seen request the last 3. And the way I work on these things, I may not be finished with 3 items until sometime in June. “Always late but worth the wait” as I always say.

I just realized what my ‘thing’ is, I’m the ‘One With The Camera’. I was perusing through some photo from Thanksgiving when I noticed the look on the faces of Lauren and Steven, as if they were both thinking “oh God, not Mom with the camera again”. I like that. My ‘thing’ is being the crazy woman with the camera. YaY! I found my ‘thing’.

Okies, before I depart I have an update on the issue which has me straddling the brink of aggravated obsession. The woman who spewed 8 precious babies out of her over used womb conceived all 14 (yes, 4 frickin’ teen children altogether) through in vitro fertilization. And, on top of that, she’s not married. In my extremely ‘humble’ opinion, everyone involved in this ludicrous act displayed nothing but carelessness and irresponsibility toward the lives of the innocents. Did any of these reprehensible fame whores take a second to wonder about the damage these children could possibly face? An unwed mother raising 14 little souls, the oldest of which is 7, am I the only one who sees this as a nefarious deed? Does it make me an awful person that I want to strangle these people with the umbilical cords that united 8 sweet souls to what could only be called a breeder bitch? Okay, time to cease and desist my rant before I really become annoyed.

Well, back to work. I’ll be back later with a peek of the kit and a few photos.

Love ya,
Muah.

0 comments: