Thursday, December 11, 2008

Bad Day Today



I'm having quite a cranky day today. My oldest has a nasty cold, coughing all over the house, I'd tent him if I could. It's only a matter of time before the youngest, who's name I am no longer allowed to mention, long story - I'll get to it eventually - will from henceforth be known as 'He Who Will Not Be Named' (a bit too much Harry Potter-ish if you ask me), comes down with it, then their father and, of course, then me. Last night I just couldn't seem to fall asleep, I dozed but I couldn't deep dream state. Just tossing, turning. Needless to say, today I'm exhausted, headachey, my attention span is running neck and neck with that of a gnat's (and I'm working on two kits I hope to post before tomorrow - don't see that happening), I'm cranky and crotchety and crabby (oh my), and there's this frickin' fly in the house dive-bombing me. Did I mention the cable (for the TV) is out as well so The Heir To The Throne is not only wheezing and whimpering about feeling 'icky' and now he's also whining about the lack of visual stimulation. If I were a smart woman, IF being the key word here, I would take my bottom to bed, curl up under my covers and lose myself in a book but..who would clean the house, do the laundry, cook dinner? Alas, it is I who will bear the burden and complete these tasks. Send me your wishes for strength because I shall be in great need of it.

Anyway, I decided to play with this little questionnaire for awhile. These aren't something I usually do but I needed something to keep my mind busy for a few, kind of like jump starting it or bringing it back to a happier place.

Hope you're having a better day than me and I'll be back at another time in a better frame of mind.

À bientôt

Questions ~

1. Started your own blog - Ummmhmmmmmmm
2. Slept under the stars - Yes
3. Played in a band - Not a real band but when I was about 10-ish, my next-door neighbors, my cousin and I started a garage band with homemade instruments. We were horrible.
4. Visited Hawaii - Yes
5. Watched a meteor shower - A couple times
6. Given more than you can afford to charity - Sadly, no
7. Been to Disneyland - I grew up in Cali, so yes, a million billion times and always ready to go again.
8. Climbed a mountain - Yes and fell down one too
9. Held a praying mantis - I think I did when I was a small child but I can't swear on it.
10. Sang a solo - Yes, but only in my house, my backyard and my car and people always tell me to hush.
11. Bungee jumped - No thank you.
12. Visited Paris - Not yet
13. Watched a lightning storm at sea - No
14. Taught yourself an art from scratch - Yes
15. Adopted a child - I would love to but not yet
16. Had food poisoning - No
17. Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty - No
18. Grown your own vegetables - Yes, the most delicious tomatoes ever.
19. Seen the Mona Lisa in France - No
20. Slept on an overnight train - Yes
21. Had a pillow fight - Of course, I'm a girl.
22. Hitch hiked - Yes
23. Taken a sick day when you're not ill - Often and several. Work sucks.
24. Built a snow fort - No
25. Held a lamb - No
26. Gone skinny dipping - Yes
27. Run a Marathon - No but I would love to
28. Ridden in a gondola in Venice - No, again, I would love to.
29. Seen a total eclipse
30. Watched a sunrise or sunset
31. Hit a home run - Many time, in backyard baseball, of course
32. Been on a cruise - No
33. Seen Niagara Falls in person - No
34. Visited the birthplace of your ancestors - Depends on how far back you mean. A couple generations, to Virginia and North Carolina, yes, back further, to Scotland or England or Ireland, no.
35. Seen an Amish community - No but I met a couple and their baby on the train once. Beautiful people.
36. Taught yourself a new language - No, still working on it.
37. Had enough money to be truly satisfied - Yes, money isn't what it takes to truly satisfy me.
38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person - Not yet
39. Gone rock climbing - Nope
40. Seen Michelangelo's David - Not the real one, just the one in front of the Wax Museum.
41. Sung karaoke - No, no one will let me.
42. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt - Nope
43. Bought a stranger a meal at a restaurant - No
44. Visited Africa - No
45. Walked on a beach by moonlight - Yes, in Hawaii. I think it's a law.
46. Been transported in an ambulance - Yes
47. Had your portrait painted - Not painted
48. Gone deep sea fishing - Yes
49. Seen the Sistine Chapel in person - No, would love to
50. Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris - No
51. Gone scuba diving or snorkeling - Yes, in Hawaii
52. Kissed in the rain - Yes with Robbie Schwainer. It was amazing.
53. Played in the mud - Often
54. Gone to a drive-in theater - Oh yeah. Loved it.
55. Been in a movie - Nothing I can show.
56. Visited the Great Wall of China - Nope
57. Started a business - I'm about to
58. Taken a martial arts class - No
59. Visited Russia - No
60. Served at a soup kitchen - No and I'm definitely starting to feel really guilty
61. Sold Girl Scout Cookies - Yeah
62. Gone whale watching - No
63. Got flowers for no reason - Yes
64. Donated blood, platelets or plasma - No
65. Gone sky diving - No way
66. Visited a Nazi Concentration Camp - No
67. Bounced a check - Ooooops.
68. Flown in a helicopter - No
69. Saved a favorite childhood toy - None of mine but I do have several of my kids.
70. Visited the Lincoln Memorial - No
71. Eaten Caviar _ Bleeck, no thanks
72. Pieced a quilt - I don't know what that means.
73. Stood in Times Square - No
74. Toured the Everglades - No
75. Been fired from a job - No, left by mutual agreement once but never fired.
76. Seen the Changing of the Guards in London - No
77. Broken a bone - No
78. Been on a speeding motorcycle - Yes
79. Seen the Grand Canyon in person - No
80. Published a book - No, I wish
81. Visited the Vatican - No
82. Bought a brand new car - Yes, 3 times so far
83. Walked in Jerusalem - No
84. Had your picture in the newspaper - Yes, at least 3 times
85. Read the entire Bible - Yes
86. Visited the White House - No
87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating - Do fish count? No, I could never kill an animal.
88. Had chickenpox - Yes
89. Saved someones life - I called 911 once because an older lady fainted in the street, that's about as close as I've come.
90. Sat on a jury - No
91. Met someone famous - Yes, Jonathon Winters and Robert Downey Jr.
92. Joined a book club - No but I'm looking for one. Maybe even start an online club.
93. Lost a loved one more times than I wanted - Yes
94. Had a baby - Three
95. Seen the Alamo in person - No
96. Swam in the Great Salt Lake - No
97. Been involved in a law suit - Yes
98. Owned a cell phone - Yes
99. Been stung by a bee - Yeah
100. Read an entire book in one day - Yes, often




There Are 0 Gaps in Your Knowledge



Where you have gaps in your knowledge:



No Gaps!



Where you don't have gaps in your knowledge:



Philosophy

Religion

Economics

Literature

History

Science

Art



0 comments: